PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Sore Thumb Media ("we" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.This policy (together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.muzik-blox.co.uk ("Site") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Matthew Lay t/a Sore Thumb Media of Manor Farm (The Studio Lodge), West Hagbourne, Main Street, Didcot OX11 0ND.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (for example) information you provide when you register to use our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, nearest town/city, e-mail address and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information (via third party analytics tools/providers):
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including, for example analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them. terms and conditions
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or make donations or payments via our Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. terms and conditions
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to create and manage your Muzik Blox Account.
- to let you know when we are going to be in or near your nearest town/city and carrying out activities or holding events that might be of interest to you.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- • to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing Muzik Blox Account holder, we will only contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new Muzik Blox Account holder, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). terms and conditions
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any aspect of it; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so.
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). terms and conditions
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site. terms and conditions
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our Site users will be one of the transferred assets and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other relevant agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom terms and conditions. Any payment transactions will be processed via PayPal. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. terms and conditions
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. terms and conditions
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of Â£10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.